The design core in the world in terms of Luxury Car Design still in Italy, that is one of the best country in the world that provides best hands-on training to students coming from abroad in the field of Car Designing.
This Car Design course is an overview in the Italian Industrial Design with focus on Luxury Car Design, developed within three levels of depth.
Depending by the level, students will learn the historical aspects of vehicle design, basic of aerodynamic and ergonomic, new trend analysis, manual sketching, 2D/3D modeling and materials technology.
Here you have the main subjects divided by module:
|MODULE BASIC SUBJECTS||MODULE MEDIUM SUBJECTS||MODULE PRO SUBJECTS|
|– History of Automotive|
– History of Motorcycle Design
– Manual Sketching
– Shape & Function
– Main tips about Ferrari-Ducati-Piaggio success
|– Car interior & exterior design|
– From Oil to Electric energy
– Use of materials
– SketchUp modelling
|– From airplane to Piaggio Vespa|
– Motorcycle design
– Car & Motorcycle the challenge application
– SketchUp Advanced
– Cinema 4D rendering tecniques
|FINAL PRESENTATION||FINAL PRESENTATION||FINAL PRESENTATION|
|Industrial Design Concept with manual sketching||Industrial Design Concept with SketchUp||Industrial Design Concept with SketchUp|
|REQUIREMENT: NONE||REQUIREMENT: DEMONSTRABLE SKETCHUP SKILLS||REQUIREMENT: DEMONSTRABLE CINEMA 4D SKILLS|
The official SYLLABUS will be issued once you confirm your enrollment. A SYLLABUS is a detailed document revealing your daily activity.
This course is an overview to the design aspects involved specifically in vehicle design. Creative, sensorial, emotional, expressive skills which characterize the italian way to look at industrial design will be coached to the students. We will improve your personal knowledge about “Made in Italy”.
The work of the car designer blends creative design and automotive styling skills with elements of engineering, ergonomics and marketing.
The workshops will be focused on the vehicle of tomorrow. Creativity is a matter of solutions, so we will try and try again during the workshops to develop a project that can be usefull for people. A project that can be usefull giving people a benefit. The benefit may be provided by the use of a new material or by the shape. Learning about designing both the interior and the car’s body is a clear target.
Students will be guided to the development and production of personal vehicle design concepts starting from an initial brief touching most of the italian design aspects. From the idea sketches to the final presentation of Car Design project at the end of each module. Students will be inspired through our external visits to the Piaggio museum in Pontedera, Ducati museum in Bologna or Ferrari museum in Maranello.
The course is held in English language and it’s open to all the people (with corresponding requirement for module medium/pro) that are concerning the Industrial Design and the Italian Culture.
During the course the teacher will suggest web sites and other sources where the students may find interesting contests. So every student will be able to have an additional comparison with theory and real practice.
A student completing Car Designing with Florence Design School studies shall become a professional in the field of automotive sector thereby enhancing his skills in varied areas of interest like engineering, ergonomics, design and performance with environmental sustainability.
During the lessons students can count on a software package that includes last release of:
– Cinema 4d
– Adobe Master Collection
Florence Design School was founded by an entrepreneurial project of the founding members of the LABA, a reality in constant and progressive growth from fifteen years in Florence. Florence Design School uses the same laboratories and equipment supplied to three-year degree courses students of LABA (Bachelor’s degree). Florence Design School professors are skilled teachers at LABA (en.laba.biz)
We can facilitate you in finding the best accommodation depending on your needs. We have a list of accomodation in a private page that we will send you after your apply. Here you have a sample of accommodation that we can provide.
BIKE in SUPPLY
We wil provide you a bike for you transfers from and to the Florence Design School. All of our bikes are designed specifically for city riding comfortable and classy, easy, fun and comfortable to use and ride. They feature a wide range of heights. To adjust the seat height, follow the seat post down to where it fits into the bike frame and flip to open the quick release lever.
You can easily take a ride on the “viali bicycle path” and make a trip to sights in the surroundings of Florence, like Fiesole village or chiantigiana road.
It works with a preauthorization hold of $50 per bike that is placed on your credit card account. This is a not a settled charge against your account. It serves as a security deposit and will be released when the hold expires. You can also deposit the same amount by cash.
Italian Language, Included For Free
A basic Italian language course is included with all the studies. A nice and funny way to bring back home a little piece of Italy.
An hour lesson will be taken every day after course’s end for all the students. All together, in order to mix your different interests.We will start learning basic words, sentences, questions. That ones you could use in your stay in Florence, but we will upgrade talking about current events in Design, Fashion, Photography and following the most important social accounts that can tell us what to do or can help us finding out events in Florence and Tuscany.
We will comment with critical method news and contemporary italian designers combining curiosity and your personal willing. In a relaxing mood trying to let go the stress of the day.
It is UP to you to take this course, if you will do it you will receive a specific certificate.
FAC SIMILE CERTIFICATE
Three levels of depth
Basic overview and first theme approach.
Follow up to BASIC course. Implementation. Qualification required.
Follow up to medium course. Advanced themes & professional skills acquisition. Qualification required.
Students completing this course will:
– Gain knowledge of the technique about a car building process.
– Develope technical proficiency in drawing a car shape focusing on main elements details.
– Improve their capability to creatively interpret and criticize the result betwen shape and function.
– Produce a concept car and a series of manual sketches that describe it.
Students completing this course will:
– Gain knowledge of the immaterial values, the sensorial experience that’s connected to a CAR.
– Have developed technical proficiency in producing Digital Sketches.
– Experience a new culture through the medium sustainable materials in CAR production.
– Have produced a portfolio of different CAR concept through Sketchup.
– Create series of concepts in order to tell a product story and build a cohesive body of work.
– Improve their capability to creatively interpret and criticize contemporary CARS markets.
Students completing this course will:
– Gain design process knowledge towards the presentation of concepts with moodboards.
– Develop proficiency in editing a render with Cinema 4d software.
– Recognize and critically appraise famous CAR designers.
– Gain the technical issues of Rhinoceros Models and Tools.
– Develop a greater knowledge about production of CAR models trough 3D printers.
- ONE MODULE
- Basic Italian language course included. NO enrollment fee. A visit included.
- TWO MODULES
- Basic Italian language course included. NO enrollment fee. Two visits included.
- THREE MODULES
- Basic Italian language course included. NO enrollment fee. Three visits included.
Price includes: Registration fee, Assistance in finding lodging, Value added tax (VAT), Certificates & Diplomas
- FROM 23 OF JUNE to 11 of JULY
- FROM 13 OF JULY to 1 of AUGUST
- FROM 2 of AUGUST to 22 of AUGUST
- FROM 24 of AUGUST to 12 of SEPTEMBER
- MODULE BASIC
- MODULE MEDIUM
- MODULE PRO
The official SYLLABUS will be issued once you confirm your enrollment.
All the students will receive a certificate of attendance.
During the last day of courses the school will organize an internal show with all student artworks. At the end of each course students will be issued with an attendance certificate in a ceremony.